We've added support for more file previews. Here's a rundown of what was added:
- Graphic formats: AI, PSD, PDF (thumbnail fix), AVIF, ICO, DNG
- Docs and spreadsheets: XLSX, XLS, XLSB, DOCX, DOC
- Audio formats: MP3, OPUS, OGG, WAV, AAC, M4A, FLAC
Shared document previews
Autogenerated link previews for sharing your Indy documents have been improved. The updated previews provide your clients with a more accurate representation of your document, making it easier and more efficient to share!
We have some exciting updates to make working with your clients even easier.
Client file upload
Your clients can now upload files directly into your project portal's Chats or Files, streamlining communication and ensuring all essential resources such as branding guidelines or company assets are at your fingertips.
Add tags to clients
Assign custom tags to your contacts based on attributes, interests, buying behaviors, or any criteria that matters to your business.
Filter your projects by clients
When viewing projects, you now have the ability to filter your projects by clients.
We have recently made exciting new enhancements to our Project Portals and Contacts systems, as well as squashing some bugs.
Shareable portal links
You asked, we listened! You now have the ability to copy a link to your project portals and share these with your clients or collaborators. Access this by clicking 'share' in your project and then 'Create shareable link'.
It's all in the contact details
- Contact detail pageshave been updated to match the latest layout and information display improvements that have been made to Projects. Here, you can get a complete overview of all projects and documents shared with a specific client.
- Contact cardshave been added to display information when hovering over a contact in the app. The Contact cards give quick access to view the contact's detail page, copy their email address, send a message, or start a project.
Other improvements and fixes
- We have successfully fixed a bug in the 'Recent Documents' widgets, ensuring that the correct documents will be displayed.
- We've added safety dialogues in a few places to confirm actions that can't be undone. You'll now see one in Proposals to confirm content block deletion and one in Contracts before entering free-edit mode.
- The reCaptcha button on embeddable Indy forms was repositioned so it doesn't interfere with form submissions.
- We have now resolved an issue that was preventing invoices from being marked as unpaid.
We are pleased to announce that we have made improvements to the Project Portal and across the Indy ecosystem. Discover the new improvements and see how they can make your workflow easier!
Project portal updates
Portal preview— You can now quickly preview portals before you share them with your clients.
Changes to portal settings and sharing— We've made some adjustments to how you manage portals in preparation for some future improvements.
- The portal invite email will no longer be sent automatically when the portal is enabled. You'll have more control over when your clients receive this communication. You can easily share your portal with your clients by clicking the share button.
- To streamline portal settings, the welcome message and the enable portal toggle have been moved into the settings tab.
More portal optimizations
- Better mobile browser support for projects and portals.
- Red dot indicator for unread chat messages.
- Fixed a bug where older projects didn't have project chats enabled.
- Fixed a bug where clients couldn't edit or delete their chat messages.
- Fixed a bug that was affecting video previews in chats
- Added Indy profile photos to the beginning of chat threads. Don't forget to add a profile photo to your account settings.
- Exported PDF invoices now show payment methods you've selected for a specific invoice instead of displaying all of them.
- Optimized form-field placeholder text in the contract builder to provide more clarity.
- Moved the mark invoice as paid and mark proposal as approved actions in the 3-dot menus to clean up your top navigation.
- You can now open your default email client directly from Indy to easily share your document links.
We'd like to thank the Indy Community for providing some great feedback on Project Portals so far! We've already been able to make some improvements with your feedback — so please keep'em coming! Today's release includes:
Project Status visibility— you now have the ability to turn the "project status" on/off for your clients inside Portal Settings.
Portal hub for clients— your clients can easily switch between workspaces if the portal is enabled for multiple projects.
- Updated the Scheduler button help text to provide you with a clearer understanding of how you can use this feature.
- Fixed an issue where the portal invite email wasn't correctly displaying your brand info (white-labeling 💎).
- Fixed an issue where contacts weren't sorting alphabetically by default.
We are thrilled to announce the launch of our latest update to Indy. Project Portals are a helpful way to organize all items related to a project in one place. This centralized workspace is where all of your projects and client communications live.
You can invite your client into your workspace so you’re always on the same page with clients even when you’re not in the same room. With Indy Pro, you can enable a project portal to chat with clients in real-time, get instant feedback, and so much more — get ready to take collaboration to the next level!
But don’t worry, they’ll only ever see what you want. Privacy toggles let you change the amount of access people have at any time.
Project portals are currently in beta. We are actively collecting feedback from our community and we'll keep you updated as we make this feature even better.
We understand overdue invoices can be frustrating - now they don't have to be!
Your invoices will now auto-calculate and automatically add lates fees to invoices that are overdue, making the collection of late fees a little less stressful.
With the help of our community, we identified and fixed bugs that were making Indy a little hard to use:
- Fixed resending and sharing of documents
- Fixed invoice email previews so that they are correctly displaying deposits
- Addressed an invoice payment issue with shared invoice links
- Some documents weren't displaying the most up-to-date information when navigating between pages. Now they are.
- Uploaded video files are rendering and previewing correctly again
- Improved how the Digital Assistant works so that the results are more accurate.
We have made several updates to invoices and document management that will enhance your experience. Here are the new improvements you can expect to see:
- Character limits for invoice title fields were increased to handle longer names
- We have made creating line item templates in Invoices and Proposals simpler. You’ll no longer need to re-enter item names when adding new line item templates, as they will automatically copy over.
- You now have increased flexibility and control over which invoices you can void.
- Resolved some issues that were preventing you from deleting documents (invoices, contracts, and proposals) that could be cluttering your workspace.
- Fixed an issue with unread notifications not displaying properly when the sidebar navigation was collapsed. You won't miss out on any new activity!
- Improved how proposals work with Zapier by introducing new event triggers, and updating to the latest version of Zapier to ensure an optimal experience.
- Proposals look good again. Exported PDF's no longer have odd-looking margins.
The Digital Assistant is designed to help you write better proposals, contracts, and emails. It can save time and make the writing process less tedious.
If there’s a block of text you could use a little help with, just click the Digital Assistant icon in the corner and the text box will automatically be filled with relevant content.
Currently in beta, the Digital Assistant can be found in text boxes within Contracts, Proposals, and to draft emails on send pages.
If you'd like to learn more, check out the Digital Assistant article over in the Help Center, or our blog post.